Nipper Registrations are now CLOSED
As we are a small club with limited helpers and with the Covid-19 Rules we don't have the ability to cater to larger groups while still maintaining the Covid-19 rules.
SEPTEMBER 13 - Pool and Beach Swim Proficiency day at Kawana Pool and Mooloolaba Spit.
OCTOBER 11 - The First Day of Nippers!
Information for new members:
Each nipper MUST complete a pool proficiency to be in nippers. Nippers in U8-U13 also need to do a beach swim. You must be signed up and financial to come to swim proficiency day.
Each parent must have a blue card. If you don't, please see the FORMS page and fill one out and return it to the surf office asap. If you already have a Blue Card you will need to fill in the Link Applicant Form which links your current Blue Card to our organisation.
New nippers must have a birth certificate sighted by the surf office. All relevant forms can be found here: http://kawanasurfclub.com.au/content/forms-1
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with Kawana Nippers news and dates.
HOW NIPPERS WILL BE DIFFERENT DUE TO COVID-19
This season will not be like recent seasons of nippers. Many new regulations have been put into place due to Covid-19. We can not stress enough that parent involvement will be an absolute must this season! The set up and pack up of the beach each morning will be a larger job than seasons past and parents MUST help. Jobs will be allocated to an age group each week on a rotating roster.
The following is a Covid-19 checklist we must adhere to each Sunday and midweek training:
• No sharing of equipment unless in the field of play.
• Trainees 1.5m apart.
• Participants declare no symptoms and self-assess well, (if you are unwell you will be asked to stay home and not participate).
• Hygiene stations will be present (hand washing pre and post).
• Training area will be marked out to avoid the general public, nippers must sanitise when entering and exiting the field of play.
• Gear & Equipment to be cleaned pre and post session.
• No BBQ's this season to avoid gatherings.
• Social distancing at sign in.
• A register of all families present, with required Covid-19 information provided by members.
WHAT IS NIPPERS?
Nippers runs on Sunday mornings from approx 8am-10am almost every Sunday from October to March with a break over the Christmas holidays. Parents must be on the beach with their child as a Surf Life Saving Australia safety rule.
Nippers at Kawana is focused on:
• Providing children with the skills, confidence and understanding of the beach and surf environment
• Providing an environment that is fun, family-friendly
• Developing each of our nippers throughout the season.
Our aim is to give our nippers the skills, training and environment to become excellent lifesavers of the future.
The minimum age for a child to join nippers is 5 years (U6) up to a maximum of 13 years (U14). The age for the season is determined as a midnight on the 30 September at the commencement of that season. The first two years of Nippers are spent in the GREEN CAPS program, with the focus on fun and games on the beach which teach children basic skills and awareness of where to swim and what help is available from lifesavers.
Any questions please email email@example.com