Club Bar & Bistro Policies
Kawana Waters Surf Life Saving Club observes the Responsible Service of Alcohol and as such does not serve:
- Intoxicated Individuals
- Persons under the age of 18 Years
Please see our house policy for rules and regulations (also available as a pdf attachment)
The Kawana Waters Surf Life Saving Supporters Club has developed the following house policy as part of the club’s commitment to leadership in all aspects of club service and management practices.
The house policy outlines our commitment to ensure that our members and guests are provided with a safe and convivial environment whilst they are on our premises.
These guidelines have been developed in accordance with Queensland Liquor Licensing Legislation.
Club Entry & Proof of Identification-
It is a requirement of entry to the club’s premises that:
- All members are required to show/swipe their membership card at reception
- All reciprocal members and visitors must sign in and provide proof of ID at reception.
- All visitors of the club must live outside of a 15km radius to be able to sign in as a visitor.
- All members guests of the club must remain in the company of the member whilst in the club.
- All patrons are required to provide acceptable evidence of age where there is any doubt they are under 25.
The only acceptable ID is photographic ID being one of the following:
- Government issued proof of age card (18+ card)
- Drivers licence or permit
- Australian or foreign passport.
Code of Conduct from Patrons
All patrons of the Kawana Waters Surf Life Saving Supporters Club are required to behave in a manner that is conducive to the quiet enjoyment of the facilities by all patrons while enabling employees to conduct their duties in a lawful manner without intimidation or harassment.
Responsible Host Practices
All staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol and management constantly reinforce responsible service of alcohol principles and practises in every day trade.
As part of our responsible hospitality practises:
- We provide water free to all patrons
- We sell light or mid strength options at cheaper prices than full strength
- We promote awareness of drink spiking issues.
- We encourage you to monitor and control your consumption of liquor.
- We will deter you from rapidly and excessively consuming liquor
- We will not promote nor allow stock piling of drinks
- Open containers of liquor may not be taken into or from the premise.
- We will allow one drink per person ½ hour before closing.
- We will supply liquor in standardised quantities that can be recognised by you.
- We will serve 1/2 measures of spirits if requested.
- Management support staff refusing service to any patron who in their opinion, is intoxicated and/or is intending to supply alcohol to any persons who have been refused further service.
For the purpose of this regulation, patrons displaying the following behaviours will be regarded as intoxicated:
- Slurred speech.
- Abusive or threatening language/behaviour.
Patrons are required to adhere to the smoking restrictions in place throughout the premises.
- Persons who smoke in unauthorised areas will be considered to have breached the policy and may be asked to leave the venue.
The Kawana Waters Surf Life Saving Supporters Club has introduced a range of security measures to ensure that members and patrons can enjoy the club’s facilities.
Such measures include;
- CCTV is operational throughout the club and at entries and exits on the premise.
- Crowd controllers are on premise whenever operationally required.
Security personnel act with the authority of club management
The dress standard requirement is based on neat and tidy attire (including proper footwear) with an appropriate level of personal hygiene being adhered to at all times.
The level of appropriate attire and standard personal hygiene will be determined by the club at it sole discretion.
The following are not permitted at any time in the club
- Stained, torn, dirty, ripped or excessively frayed clothing
- Clothing with obscene or offensive slogans or pictures
- Hat, caps or beanies
- Unpleasant levels of personal hygiene which are offensive to others.
- Any other clothing deemed not to be neat and tidy by management.
The following dress standards are permitted in the club until 7pm
- Outdoor work attire
- Men’s sleeveless t-shirts, singlets and tank tops.
- Steel cap boots and any other forms of work boots
Kawana Waters Surf Life Saving Supporters Club reserve the right to refuse or approve entry to any person at any time.
For this purpose, patrons displaying the following behaviours will be regarded as disorderly;
- Unruly, abusive or threatening language/behaviour to any member of staff and or other patrons
- Failure to leave the club premise when requested to do so by management or security.
- Property damage
Management will maintain an incidents register which is used to record all events and problems involving patron care, such as refusal of service to patrons and situations involving threats or aggression.
The club reserves the right to forward such information to the police or regulatory authority as is deemed appropriate, and/or required by law.
The manager and or the security personnel on duty has the authority to exclude and remove persons from the licensed premise for breaches of these rules.
The manager has the authority to issue suspension notices for breaches of the Club rules.
A minor is a person under the age of 18 years.
Minors must be in the accompaniment of a responsible adult at all times. A responsible adult for the purpose of this rule is as follows;
- Parent, step parent, legal guardian or a person who has parental rights and responsibilities.
The club’s rules are firm that:
- Minors will not be served alcohol or gambling product.
- Minors will not be served at any bar, gaming or keno service point (with the exception of surf life saving carnivals and other times that maybe required at the managers discretion)
- Minors must not enter the gaming lounge.
- Minors are not permitted in the club after 10pm on any evening (in the event of a function, minors may be excluded from this requirement provided this has been previously arranged and agreed with the club manager.)
- All minors will be accompanied by a responsible adult: and will be actively supervised by a responsible adult.
- Minors are not permitted to sleep in chairs, or on the floor within the premise except where the minor is sleeping in a bassinet or pram for which was designed for that purpose.
- Individuals purchasing drinks for minors will be considered to have breached the club rules, will be asked to leave the premise and may face disciplinary action.